KABUL: The 90th weekly meeting of the National Procurement Commission (NPC) was held at the presidential palace on Sunday evening, March 12, 2017, presided by His Excellency Mohammad Ashraf Ghani, the President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan.
In this meeting 15 contracts with the total value of 10.7 (Ten billion & seven hundred million) Afs were approved, which included the following:
• Connecting 5 power sub-stations from Qara Bagh district of Ghazni to Kandahar
• Procuring overhead line, cable and conductors required by Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS)
• Supply and installation of equipment to 40 cable sub-stations required by the Ministry of Energy and Water (MOEW)
• No cost extension of a small power station project in Manogi district of Konar province
• Construction of 13 km asphalt road in Kama district of Nangarhar province
• Construction of Taimani to Qala e Fatullah Road Rehabilitation in Kabul city
• First section of the 2nd phase of Kabul Water Sanitation Development project
• No cost extension of Chak Dirstrict road in Maidan Wardak province
• O&M contracts of Ministry of Interior Affairs in 7 lots
• 24 items of medicine for Ministry of Defense
• Procurement Proceedings for rehabilitation of Sardar Mohammad Daud Military Hospital
• Rehabilitation of Herat Custom Department
• Internet bandwidth for Ministry of Education
• And Fuel and propane contract for Ministry of Higher Education
The NPC, however, returned the 30 cable sub-station contract of MEW and a request by MoPW for a decision on section 1 and 3 of Zabul to Kandahar road, for further assessments.
Moreover, the NPC approved the contract termination for wood supply of MoD and cost decrease in a contract of Ministry of Counter Narcotics for rehabilitation of a complex in Helmand province.
The NPC, on the other hand, rejected the proposed contract for police uniform. The NPC also instructed that the bidder for above said contract and the contractor for MoD’s wood supply must be referred for debarment due to the fact that first had committed fraud during proceedings and the latter did not fulfill contract conditions as committed that led to termination.
In this meeting, His Excellency Dr. Abdullah Abdullah, Chief Executive of the National Unity Government, His Excellency, Mohammad Sarwar Danish; the Second Vice President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, the Ministers of Finance, Economy and Justice, the officials of the National Procurement Authority (NPA), the Transparency Observers from SIGAR, the members of the Financial and Budgetary Commissions of the Upper & Lower Houses of the Parliament, the Parliamentary Anti-Corruption Caucus (PACC) and the Combined Security Transition Command for Afghanistan (CSTC-A) of the Resolute Support had also participated.