1 - What are Consultants' Services?
Answer: It refers to activities of a professional, intellectual, and advisory nature. Provision of materials and goods or works shall be an exception to this rule, except when the works are of an informational nature. They include design, supervision, training, auditing, software development, expert proposals and advice, and similar technical or professional services
2 - Who is the sub-consultant?
Answer: Means any person or entity with whom the Consultant subcontracts any part of the Services.
3 - Who can be called Consultancy Firms or Agencies?
Answer: Consultancy Firms, Engineering Firms, Construction Managers, Management Firms, Procurement Agents, Auditors, Inspection Agents, United Nation Agencies, other multinational organizations, Investment and Merchant Banks, Universities, Research Institutions, Government Agencies, Non Governmental Organizations and Individuals engaged in consultancy services.
4 - Which activities are not consultancy services?
Answer:Activities that has physical and material nature. These activities are divided into two categories
- Services that are not of intellectual professional and advisory nature.
- The activities related to goods and works which can be measured.
5 - Which services are of more physical and material nature and are not Consultancy Services?
Answer: Construction of works, maintenance, production and manufacturing of goods, operation and maintenance of facilities or plant, surveys, exploratory drilling, aerial photography, satellite imagery and services contracted on the basis of performance of measurable physical output.
6 - When we shouldn’t hire a particular Consultant?
- When there is conflict of interest between consulting activities and procurement of goods, civil works or services (other than consulting services)
- When there is conflict among Consultancy Services.
- When a Consultant has relationship with personnel of the Procurement Entity
7 - Why and how the association between the Consultants place?
Answer: Consultants may associate with each other in the form of joint venture or of a sub-consultancy agreement to complete their respective area of expertise, strengthen the technical responsiveness of their proposals and make available bigger pools of expert, provide better approaches and methodologies, and, in some cases, to offer lower prices.
8 - What does Personnel Consultant mean?
Answer: Personnel consultant is a person who is provided by the consultant or by any sub-consultant and assigned to perform the services or any part of services.
9 - Which measures should be taken prior approval of the client?
- When recruiting of a sub-consultant to complete part of services.
- When replacing or recruiting new personnel.
- Any other measures that is specified in the Special Condition of the Contract.
10 - What are the obligations of the consultant towards the reporting?
- The Consultant should submit the reports and documents in the form, in the numbers and within time period to the client as provided in the contract.
- Besides the hard copy of the reports the consultant should also provide Soft Copies as provided for in the Contract.
11 - Is the consultant subject to removal and /or replacement of personnel?
Answer: No, except as the Client may otherwise agree, no changes shall be made in the Personnel. If, for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Consultant, such as retirement, death, medical incapacity, among others, it becomes necessary to replace any of the Personnel, the Consultant shall forthwith provide as a replacement a person of equivalent or better qualifications after approval of the client.